Monday, July 28, 2008

Bryan Fuller Is Attempting To Make Love To Me Via His Television Programs (And It Is Working)

.
I was going to name this post after what is arguably the single greatest line Bryan Fuller's ever written - that being "Well Sieg Heil, Miss Jenny Craig!" - but I thought I'd go for the off chance that Fuller might Google himself some day and that would lead him here to MNPP and Happily Ever After, ya know. Plus, it's kind of the routine now, that I call him out in posts having to do with him. Aaanyway, I saw this news on AICN yesterday and instantly broke out into a fit of glee-riddled pirouettes:

"PUSHING DAISIES Plots WONDERFALLS Crossover!!

Mary Ann Marie Beetle, a character from the “Muffin Buffalo” episode of “Wonderfalls,” will turn up in a season-two episode of ABC’s “Pushing Daisies,” series mastermind Bryan Fuller told the ComicCon crowd Saturday.

Fuller, who created both "Daisies" and "Wonderfalls," said he’d love to have “Wonderfalls” central character Jaye Tyler turn up on “Daisies” as well."

Being the Wonderfalls spaz that I am, I knew precisely who Mary Ann Marie Beetle was - "Muffin Buffalo" is arguably the brief series' best episode, and a big fat (pat) part of that is due to Beetle, who's played by BETH GRANT.


Yes... Bryan Fuller loves Beth Grant... and is bringing her Wonderfalls character to Pushing Daisies. Yes! I must repeat my mantra: Marry me, Bryan Fuller. Call me, Bryan Fuller. In my excitement at this news I re-watched "Muffin Buffalo" last evening, and it's non-stop hilarity. There's celebratory fondue, for chrissakes!

And then Fuller goes on to say Jaye herself might show up on PD... I might die. I might just lay my head down on the hard ground right this minute and die. The only question would be... since Lee Pace played Jaye's brother on Wonderfalls, and he plays the main character of Ned the Pie Maker on Pushing Daisies... how exactly that might work. Hmm. Maybe Lee Pace could play both roles, the brother and Ned... and then make-out with himself. A network television first! I'm a genius.


And no, I do not feel bad for coming off as such a deranged fan-boy right now. Bryan Fuller warrants it. ETA The original source also says this:

"Also, Diana Scarwid, who played Jaye's mom, has a role in Season 2's first three episodes."

Scarwid is, of course, the actress that played the older Christina Crawford in Mommie Dearest... but as Fuller has pointed out, she ought to be known for her nun-killing role in Psycho III. Love!
.

4 comments:

J.D. said...

The Pace/Pace make-out MUST happen now. If it doesn't, I'll blame you for getting my hopes up and making me feel sad, JA.

Liam said...

I can honestly say I NEVER so wanted to kick in my television set as I did when Wonderfalls got blown off the air after 4 episodes!

Thank God for the box set!

Mertseger said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! Wonderfalls and PD crossovers! I love it! Thanks so much for that news. I so much want to see Jaye on PD.

RJ said...

OH.


MY.


GOD.

"Well zang heil, Miss Jenny Craig?"