Monday, June 23, 2008

The Greatest Movie...

.

... ya know, Tokyo Gore Police was made for my Greatest Movie series. It features so many WTF moments of questionable validity that doing this should be a piece of cake. Yet... it contains so very many of these things, I find myself overwhelmed. How do I choose? Does the woman with the crocodile vagina beat out the four-foot long erection that shoots bullets? What about the stripper who genetically mutated herself into a chair made out of skin that urinates on a crowd of rubber-suited fetish freaks? Or the girl that lactates acid? Or the chatty madam turned into a suit of skin and stuffed into a cardboard box? Or the limbless gimp who outdoes Rose McGowan machine-gun-leg times four? Or the man who tears the top of his own head off and grows telescopic brain eye-guns?

I mean... really.

For a gallery of pictures from the film
- Warning: excessively NSFW; I am not kidding! Very grody!
- click here.

For the trailer for the film - also very NSFW - watch here:

. .

This was my first take in this year's NY Asian Film Festival happening right now, and it couldn't have been a better start from my POV. It was chock-full of precisely the sort of nonsense I expect - and delight in - every year.

Tokyo Gore Police had its premiere here at the fest; lord knows when anyone will have the opportunity to see it again here in the States. It'll probably play some genre fests, and I imagine it'll hit DVD someday. It was brought to you by the same lunatics who made The Machine Girl (here's a prev. post on the trailer for that flick; I'm still waiting for Netflix to send that one to me), and stars Eihi Shiina, she of the nee-nee-nee-nee noise and piano-wire action in Audition. TGP was... colorful. Seek it out if you feel like you've seen it all already, to quickly learn otherwise.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Machine Girl is awesome. I moved it to the top of my queue and got it last week.

Drill bra. Indeed.