Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Am Link

--- I have never heard of The Machine Girl, and my pal Sean casts doubt on whether it's even a real movie, but I'll be damned if it doesn't have one of the most ridiculously fun trailers, faux or no, that I've ever seen. Or, ya know, at least since Eli Roth's Thanksgiving trailer. I mean... here's just a hint of the madness:


Y'all gotta go and check it out. Madness!

--- I'm starting to think
that director Alex Proyas has a personal vendetta against me (yes, I'm that much of a narcissist) for some unknown reason. Dark City is one of my favorite movies, so I keep wanting to like another one of his films, but instead he makes the mess that was I, Robot and now has cast instant-interest-destroyer Nicholas Cage in his next flick. Via BD:

"Nicolas Cage is set to star in Knowing, a thriller to be directed by Alex Proyas. Summit Entertainment will fully finance and distribute the pic, which begins production March 17 in Melbourne, according to Variety. Cage will play a teacher who examines the contents of a time capsule unearthed at his son's elementary school. Startling predictions in the time capsule that have already come true lead him to believe the world is going to end at the close of the week and that he and his son are somehow involved in the destruction."

Maybe he still doesn't have enough power in his career to have control of casting; maybe Will Smith and Nicholas Cage are the reasons his movies are even being made. But I take it as a personal affront!

--- I liked this post at Cinematical that rounds up some recent Dark Knight news because it allowed me the visual of Perez Hilton being forced to dig through a cake without actually having to go to his site, which a big no-no. But am I wrong in thinking the whole stunt sounds sorta humiliating for Perez? Perhaps I'm projecting... but one could hope.

--- SciFi Wire spoke to Tim Burton about his next project, an adaptation of Alice In Wonderland; he says:

"It's just such a classic, and the imagery is so surreal... I don't know; I've never seen a version where I feel like they got it all. It's a series of weird adventures, and to try to do it where it works as a movie will be interesting."

Burton will also produce the adaptation, which will use both live action and performance-capture animation.

"The stories are like drugs for children, you know?" Burton said. "It's like, 'Whoa, man.' The imagery, they've never quite nailed making it compelling as a full story. So I think it's an interesting challenge to direct."

He's had to have seen Jan Svankmajer's Alice, right? That's the best adaptation, and uses stop-motion and live-action mixed up, and really ought to be the angle Burton goes towards.
.

No comments: