Monday, March 10, 2008

Mario Kart: The Movie

Did y'all see the news last week that Speed Racer will be playing on IMAX screens when it's released this Summer? Watching this new trailer, I can already feel the seizure coming. And I can't wait! Bring on the foaming-at-the-mouth, Wachowskis!

I could've done my usual and taken a slew o' screen-grabs, but honestly it's better watching that vomitorioum of colors in motion, and all I truly need to see to get excited is this:


I was never a fan of the cartoon, and greeted the news of a feature film with a shrug, but Ricci being cast - as always - made my ears perk up, and now these trailers... well, they really have got something that at the very least looks amazing. I hope it's more than just an empty spectacle, but... well, as long as it doesn't insult my intelligence, an empty spectacle can be fun as well. And Christina looks, to shamefully borrow a Tyra-ism, fierce.
.

2 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

I saw the trailer for this at Jumper last week and my friends thought it looked horrible. Can't blame them, but man... I'm really psyched. I just wanna experience all those colours!

DirtyRobot said...

I agree! The movie looks shiny, Ricci looks fierce, and boo/hiss to the Transformers!