Friday, March 07, 2008

I Am Friday Link

.
--- Your Name Sounds Like A Snake - I kept meaning to post on director David Gordon Green's chat with STYD in which he discusses the very real possibility that he might be the one remaking Dario Argento's Suspiria, but every time I thought it through my mind went catatonic. Not with excitement, and not with rage. With both at the same time, maybe? I love the idea of DGG doing a horror film, and especially one so stylized and weird. But... Suspiria is perfect. There's been a lot of talk on the ethics of remakes this week, since that Rosemary's Baby bomb dropped, and I agree with points from either side of the argument: Yes, John Carpenter's The Thing is a fucking awesome remake. But the last time an "inspired" choice for director was made to remake a classic horror film (no, I do not count Rob Zombie as an interesting choice), we got Neil Labute's Wicker Man. Who knows what will happen? Not I, that's fo' sho.

--- Feed Me - There's a big ol' honking new batch of stills from The Ruins online over at IMDb (via Sean). Have I mentioend that my hopes for this flick are raising exponentially by the day? Word from people who've seen it seems to be pretty positive, and everything keeps looking just perfect. Less than a month to go! Speaking of, it comes out April 4th... the same day that Battlestar Galactica returns. I might have to take that day off from work.

--- Penis Creature Designs By The Jim Henson Workshop - There's a really fun interview/conversation with the entire cast of Forgetting Sarah Marshall up over at AICN; it includes my love Kristen Bell waxing rhapsodic on Jason Segal's soft tongue, as well a description of some unnamed yet very famous actor's audition for a part in the film in which he busted out a bizarre character named Guillermo and then proceeded to physically attack the girl reading with him. Who is it? I must know!

--- "I'm very discreet... but I will haunt your dreams." - The awesome comedic presence (and I think I'm contractually obliged to say openly gay) Jane Lynch has joined the cast of Julia & Julia - this is Nora Ephron's movie about cooking-giantess Julia Child, to be played by Meryl Streep of course, and a present day cook, played by Amy Adams of course, trying to cook all of Child's recipes in her book Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Lynch is playing Child's sister.

--- And finally, gratuitous James McAvoy (from the new trailer for Wanted, via Towleroad):


1 comment:

John T said...

Oh, that James McAvoy pic-I've got my daydreams scheduled for the next week.