Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hello Again, Jordan Catalano

As of yesterday, I am finally the proud owner of the My So-Called Life box-set. This is years in the making, people! Years! I hadn't seen an episode since MTV replayed the show ages ago; it's probably been a decade since I sat down and watched any of Angela Chase and the gang. But last night I sat down and watched the first two episodes, and man, talk about a time-machine. I never really thought about it at the time, but I was pretty much the same age as these characters when this show was on - it aired from August 1994 to January of 1995, while I was in my Senior year of High School; Angela was a Sophomore, but since I was (am) emotionally-stunted, we might as well have been the same age. Watching it now brought me back to that time, the early Nineties - all that plaid! - with a vengeance... and then there's Jordan Catalano...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For previous Jordan Catalano-related visual-stimulation, click right here. Oh Jordan! I love the way you lean! Looking at the above pic, I'm reminded that I had my hair EXACTLY like that at this point in time... man, my stalking tendencies revealed themselves early on.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the remainder of MSCL's short-lived run - just 19 episodes! - over the holiday weekend. It's entirely likely I'll be wearing plaid and listening to Counting Crows again this time next week. Beware!
.

No comments: