Monday, July 09, 2007

Today's Mood

.

Butch Coolidge (Bruce Willis),
Pulp Fiction

"I'll be back before you can say Blueberry pie."

Today's Today's Mood has been brought to you by Live Free or Die Hard, which kicked my ass on Saturday night and reminded me - after that Transformers debacle - of how a Summer Action Movie is supposed to be done. Never thought I'd be giving props to Mr. Kate Beckinsale, especially after he'd previously taken something as cool as Vampires Vs. Werewolves and turned it into a self-important muddle, but Die Hard 4.0 was just as ridiculous as it should've been whilst being thankfully aware of its own ridiculousness and wallowing in it in its own wonderful game of oneupmanship until I couldn't stop giggling at its own delightful audacity. And the cornerstone, nay the entire foundation, was Bruce Willis, reminding us all why he's a movie star and one of the greatest action heroes of all time.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live free and die hard was a great movie and I agree with you very much. While I didnt hate Transformers, I found the newest Bruce Willis installment much better. He is and has always been one of the best action stars. He was still pretty hot too, but then again I like anything with a shaved head lol