Friday, May 11, 2007

Roth's Trailer Trash

Via my pal, the awesometastic Sean T. Collins, I found this news from SciFi Wire:

"Eli Roth, director of such gorefests as Hostel and Cabin Fever, told SCI FI Wire that he is developing a film called Trailer Trash, which will be made up entirely of fake trailers for nonexistent films. "I want to make a movie like Borat or Jackass or that kind of movie that's literally just completely ridiculous, totally silly and absurd, that's just all fake trailers," Roth said in an interview at the Saturn Awards in Universal City, Calif., on May 10. "And I have a great way to tie it all together and make it so it's narrative. ... I have a genius way to tie it all together so that it will actually play like a movie.""

He goes on to say that (obviously) his great experience with making that faux-trailer Thanksgiving for Grindhouse was the genesis of the idea and that he's already got a score of people interested, including Edgar Wright and Robert Rodriguez.

On the one hand - this is Eli Roth, so I'm already invested, curious... insatiable, if you will. But on the other, this could be... a bit much? An hour and a half of non-stop, as he puts it "all money shots... every shot's nudity, death, decapitation or a joke"? I mean, my head already kinda hurts thinking about it.
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

make it 80 min and i'm there

Joe R. said...

Gosh, he really is an overgrown child, isn't he? Give him a little positive reinforcement and he's all set to do it again, but this time bigger! And more! And again!

Unknown said...

I'm always just a little bit leery of when a person refers to themselves or their own work as genius.

Jason Adams said...

I was totally grossed out by that too. Ugh, never say one of your own ideas is "genius".

He sounds totally coked out in this interview anyway.

Anonymous said...

I would see it...it seems to be the area he excels at. I'd love to see him do a fake trailer for a rom/com or something

Glenn Dunks said...

This sounds ridiculous.

If you're gonna feast off the corpse of a movie, why feast off the corpse of the flop that is Grindhouse? Obviously people don't give a flying fuck about this sort of stuff.

Maybe it'll knock some sense into him.

PIPER said...

Note to Eli: Shhhhhhhhh. Stop talking and go make movies.