Monday, May 07, 2007

I Am Link

--- Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start - if you know what I just typed then you probably revere this man as a god (rightfully so) - EW.com has got an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda... the list goes on. The man responsible for so many stolen hours of childhoods, in other words. Love him!

--- I cheated - At this week's Horror Roundtable, we were asked what our favorite low-budget horror film is, and I blatantly ignored the word "favorite" - figuring other people would answer my favorite (and they did) - and offered another random movie that for some reason had been on my mind. Anyway, check it out, everybody offers terrific choices that should be put on your queues immediately.

--- If you wanna know all the plot details to Doomday, the next film by Neil Marshall, he of The Descent directing infamy, DH has got a rundown of the story. I skimmed, therefore I'm semi-spoiled.

--- Lord knows if this site's a respectable source, but apparently Brad Pitt now wants an ass double for the now-filming The Curious Case of Benajmin Button, helmed by David Fincher. An ass-double? Really Brad? You want to hide this ass now? This ass of Brad Pitt's right here? You want to cover it up? Really? Is Jolie responsible for this travesty?

--- Glenn's got the teaser poster of The Invasion - the Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig Body Snatchers flick I posted some pics from last week - up over at Stale Popcorn and I really dig it.

--- File under If Only: There was talk of a second Grindhouse flick happening before the first came and went like nothing happened, and now Eli Roth's mentioning it again, regarding his Thanksgiving trailer and Edgar Wright's Don't trailer... I said back then I'm not sure they could or should be expanded, but if it were to happen I'd surely throw any reservations to the garbage heap and start squealing happily for weeks. But surely the Weinsteins will disappoint me; they always do.

--- And speaking of Mr. Roth, there are a bunch of new stills from Hostel: Part II up over at Bloody Disgusting, as well as a link to a full (and bloody, apparently) scene from the film (which I'm not watching; I've been spoiled enough).

--- Ask and yes shall recieve - the news seems to have broken this morning that Lost will indeed be getting an end-date. From AICN:

"Long story short:

* “Lost” will run three more seasons after the one that concludes this month.

* Each of the final three seasons will only contain 16 episodes, instead of the 23 or 24 produced for the first three seasons.

* The 16-episode seasons will run without repeats.

Read the full report in Monday morning’s Variety here."

All because I told them to do it! I feel special.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad they're doing this.....it gives me hope that they know what the hell tey're doing.


Tehehe...Matthew Fox