Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Park's Evil

From Film Ick comes the first word I've heard of Oldboy director Chan-wook Park's next next film (following his current next film I'm A Cyborg But That's OK, which has been released in South Korea but nowhere else yet):

"Kang Ho Song has become the first named cast member of Chan Wook Park's upcoming vampire film, currently best known as Live Evil - (or Evil Live or Bat, depending on who you believe). You may recognise the actor from The Host, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance or JSA and if you're anything like me, you're quite the fan.

A member of the KFCC forums suggests that Song will be taking the role of a vampiric priest. All we really know about the film is that many, many characters will be subject to vampiric infection in the film... but more details as and when they arise."


Looking around, the only other info I see is this teensy tidbit of a quote, from Bloody Disgusting:

"Evil Live will be about the question of the existence of God and Evil… I'm not so interested in the vampire genre per se, more in the religious theme."


So this is great - Park doing vampires? Hell to the yes - but mostly I just want Cyborg's release date here already. Is this too much to ask, world? God to the damn.

Previously:

I'm A Cyborg But That's OK's trailer

.

No comments: