Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Am Link

//
--- Dalton Ross at EW wants to know - What's your most embarrassing DVD purchase? I've cut way back on my own DVD-buying since becoming a pyscho Netflix fan, but I've still got shelves upon shelves clotted with movies I'll probably never watch again... for some reason, the first one that pops to mind is Troy - sure, looking at Eric Bana in a skirt is always good for a little stimulation, but am I really ever going to sit through the rest of that epic mess again?

--- I wanna be the lucky bastard who's got their hands on Charlie Kaufman's newest script! Unfortunately, this dude at the LA Times is said lucky bastard. Here's what dude's got to say about the script for Synecdoche, New York :

"If this film gets made in any way that resembles what's on the page — and with the writer himself directing, it will likely gain even more color and potency in the translation — it will be some kind of miracle. "Synecdoche" will make "Adaptation" and "Eternal Sunshine" look like instructional industrial films. No one has ever written a screenplay like this. It's questionable whether cinema is even capable of handling the thematic, tonal and narrative weight of a story this ambitious."

--- Lars Von Trier is going to make a horror movie next. I've had The Kingdom sitting beside my TV for weeks and just haven't been in the mood, so I've no clue how his previous foray into spooky-land is but, love or hate the man, he's always provoking some sort of response which is a swell characteristic for a director to have when tackling the genre built for creating a visceral response. Oh, and also, the genre often responsible for torturing women! He's awfully adept at that, as well.

--- Models doing construction. Ahh. Blah blah charity blah; I wanna know how you hire these guys to come and like hang up pictures or change lightbulbs.

--- Twitch Film rocks my world with looks at two Lucky McKee (May) films - The Woods and the May-companion piece Roman, which was directed by May-star Angela Bettis and stars McKee and KRISTEN FREAKING BELL and which I already spoke of here - as well as a link to the trailer for the new film by Park Chan-Wook (Old Boy) called I'm A Cyborg But That's O.K., - love that title! - which is the first I've even heard of it.

--- Speaking of The-Love-Of-My-Life Kristen Bell, you can watch the Veronica Mars 3rd season premiere right here right now. I am undecided whether I should or not... I think I might wait til Tuesday. It's ratings need the boost!

--- The New York Press takes a longer look at the Michel Gondry exhibit that I saw last weekend. And here's the pic (below) that I promised of the Cardboard City from The Science of Sleep:

//

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you ask the model in the first photo to "hang your pictures", he lives in LIC.

Jason Adams said...

How can you even tell what he looks like that well? He's hardly facing the camera and its far away. Stalker.