Friday, January 26, 2007

I Am Link

--- I told y'all I'd be covering every last inch of news on Sundance horror-hit The Signal - via Twitch Film comes a link to the film's website and a trailer. Uh, don't go the website if you've got Epilepsy, please, as far as I can tell it's nothing more than an opportunity to induce seizures.

But watch that trailer, it looks crazy good.

--- Speaking of apocolyptic humans-turned-monster movies, there are a bunch of set pics for the Will Smith-starring, Richard Matheson-adaptation of I Am Legend up at Dread Central. Looking good, too; those are some atmospheric shots and they're not even professional.

I've really got my fingers crossed for this one; I'm hoping they don't Will-Smith-ify this great, great story too much. My bizarre like for the director's last film, Constantine, helps.

--- Why don't I have a region-free DVD player? Dammit. Look at this pretty pretty Region-3 DVD of Pan's Labyrinth that's coming out in February! I hope we get an edition this good looking. And soon, too.

--- Some more casting news for Frank Darabont's highly-anticipated film version of Stephen King's fantastic story The Mist - the great Andre Braugher and the unfamiliar-to-me Laurie Holden have joined the cast.

I need to go back and read the story again, though, and see if there are any moments when Thomas Jane's character strips down to his underpants. Because that's important. Integral to this film's success, really. Hear me, Darabont?!?!? Make it happen.

--- In "News that will make the boyfriend's toes curl with glee", FOX's King of the Hill has been renewed for a 12th season.

Sometimes I think the boyfriend wishes I were Bobby Hill. I can never be Bobby Hill, okay??? GOD.

Ahem. Also, the 11th season gets started this Sunday evening at a kick-ass time - 8:30, right between The Simpsons and Family Guy. It really is a great show, and far underrated.

--- Conky was used as an ashtray! No Pee-Wee!!! The word of the day is definitely not lung cancer.

--- Best Actress Boobs. Link NSFW, obviously.

--- And finally, what do Australia and my mother have in common? (Please, no blue jokes here) Today is both their days! Glenn at Stale Popcorn is celebrating Australia Day, Aussie that he be, you can check it out here and here and here. Personally, I'd like to celebrate Australia Day by handling Hugh Jackman's or Eric Bana's junk. Can somebody make that happen?

And that naturally segways right into me wishing my Mother a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Love you, Ma! Even though you don't know this blog exists - not sure how she'd handle my Jackman/Bana junk-handling wishes (probably with good humor, though) - and therefore you won't read these well wishes, everybody else send good thoughts in the vague direction of upstate NY! She's totally worthy.

..

3 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

Happy birthday to Ja's mum (aka Ja's mom). That second link of mine isn't working THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

:P

Glenn Dunks said...

...or the Thomas Jane link.

Mari said...

Hi, I just find your blog (sorry I'm late! :D) and love it!
Most of all your choices for Aussies!!!
Couldn't be more perfect!!!
And I loved the Fountain review!!!
Great job!
Kisses, Mari