Thursday, August 24, 2006

Funnier Games

///

Finally, some more news about Michael Haneke's remake of his own film, Funny Games.

From DH:

"Tim Roth will star alongside Naomi Watts in the Michael Haneke-directed drama "Funny Games" reports Variety.... Shooting begins in September once Roth completes "My Blueberry Nights" in which he also stars."

I don't have much of an opinion on Roth either way; he's never left me with a huge impression. And I know he's always touted as being a great actor... I just am sorta "meh" about him. But I don't have anything against him in this role, and could actually forsee me really liking him in it.

So wipe your brow, people-involved-with-making-the-movie, I am okay with this choice! Phew, bullet dodged, huh?

The real news here, though, is the September shooting start - yay! We should have it some time next year then!

Also, you should check out Cinephilia's inspired casting choices for the villains of the movie. Me like.

Previously:

Haneke Retrospective

On Haneke
Watts is Funny
(thx to Arden!)
...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that this should be Halley Joe's big image breaker.

Anonymous said...

Re Haneke: Was I not mentioning how much I appreciate directors who remake their movies? Though I doubt I'll see the second version either as the subject matter creeps me OUT.