Friday, May 19, 2006

Watts Is Funny

///////
So I'm reading this item about Naomi Watts taking a role in David Cronenberg's next film - called Eastern Promises, alongside Viggo Mortensen who'll hopefully stay away from questionable accents this time - and I get to the end and it says this:

"Shooting begins in November once Watts finishes Michael Haneke's remake of psycho-drama Funny Games."

Huh? Haneke's remaking his own 1997 film? The one that's... deeply disturbing, that I love, that has no need to be remade, except maybe for the fact that it's in German?

Then I realize that Haneke's last film, Caché, was fucking great, and instead of worrying about this I become really interested.

1 comment:

Glenn Dunks said...

Apparently Tom Cruise's production team has bought the rights to Hidden and is planning a remake.

Not with Tom Cruise I hope.