Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My Favorite Year : A Recap

///

Thought this thing could use a recap of what's come so far, before moving on to the final six oh-so-important movies from 1999 of which I wish to speak.

So far I've named 8 movies that were released in 1999 that I probably couldn't pick a favorite from if I were to stretch my gray-matter thin and carve some sort of logic out of it.

I love these 8 movies completely, from beginning to end; they are great, great films.

In no particular order, they were:



Just look at that list of films! Astounding that they were all released in such a short period of time. We've got the absolute A-list of directors at the top of their games working here - Payne, Anderson, Liman, Minghella, Tykwer, Jonze, the god that is David Fincher... it's just a shame that Requiem For A Dream came out only a few months later and I can't have Aronofsky in there, too.

Next, I'll be taking a look at six other films from 1999 that are special to me in some way or another and bear mentioning. It'll probably come in two chunks today and tomorrow. Stay tuned!
///

No comments: