Thursday, June 29, 2006

Lyra Cast! Greenlight Lit!

///

Seems Chris Weitz has pulled this shit together, at last, and gotten the go-ahead to start filming the first of my beloved Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, The Golden Compass. Yay!

I wonder, will it be called TGC or Northern Lights, like it was called in England? I guess they'll go the Harry Potter route, call it its respective name in the respective country.

Lyra's been cast with an unknown, some presumably-young gal named Dakota Blue Richards, and it starts filming in September. Rejoice!


Previously:

My Dark Materials
...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these books! There is no comparison. I can not wait untill Lyra and Will reunite.(if they ever will) I hope they do, and I hop that Mr. Pullman will write even more steamy story lines because as you read the book you can already tell they like eachother, but are too insecure to admit it.