Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Hotel Gang's All Here

.
EW has got American Horror Story: Hotel on the cover of its new issue and besides the articles with lots of juicy details they're also sharing the first looks at what Ryan Murphy's troupe of actors will be looking like this go-around, and it is something!

Look at Finn Wittrock! Good lord that's... a lot to unpack. I'm guessing the season is set in the modern day because of the fashions, although you know, these looks are...

... timeless? No timeless isn't the word I'm looking for. More like... horrible. Horrible is probably the word I'm looking for. God the Los Angeles or Las Vegas is just dripping from it. At least Wes Bentley & Matt Bomer look human. And Evan Peters has a certain....

... fussy dandy quality that makes me think we might finally get him gay this year. I also always prefer him dark-haired, as we've well-documented, and this is the darkest they've gone with him yet. Anyway there are more pictures over there, of Kathy Bates and Naomi Campbell (!!!) and Sarah Paulson and Angela Bassett, oh my.

So what do you guys think?
.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angelas look >>>>>>>>>>

Anonymous said...

Is that chick in the blue blazer the realtor from season 1?

Jason Adams said...

It sure is, Scott -- you've got a good eye!

Rob K. said...

Season 4 nearly finished off my enthusiasm for AHS. Ryan Murphy clearly has ADHD, eventually making most everything a big mess. Gonna wait to see what the word is once it starts.

Anonymous said...

These photos are gorgeous.

I've loved Jessica Lange in the previous seasons and I'm sad to see her go but - on the other hand - I'm thrilled she's gone because now Ryan Murphy can concentrate on building the show around the characters and story rather than building it around Jessica Lange.

POPular said...

@Rob K: So true. The Witch season and the Circus season both started out with SO MUCH promise but completely unraveled towards the end. These seasons very quickly devolve into a bubbling mess. It's like they run out of ideas toward the mid season mark and then just wing it from there.

Anonymous said...

Ryan Murphy's projects always unravel. ALWAYS. The man cannot focus his attention to save his life. I always end up watching because the actors are always so much fun, but please Great Cthulhu, no more musical numbers each week. It's called American Horror Story, not Glee:The Halloween Special

Sean said...

I would rather have the show built around Lange, she made most of the seasons for me. This looks like crap to me, I'm gonna pass even though there is some nice eye candy.

luke said...

Ryan Murphy is the gay David E. Kelly.

http://ricksrealreel.blogspot.com/ said...

Gonna take some great word of mouth to get me back.
Season 3 ended up a disappointment. And Season 4 went off the rails after the first few episodes. There's a pattern to Murphy's work and his series don't get better as seasons go by...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mind Space Apocalypse said...

Nice blogger btw

Anonymous said...

This looks f**king horrible, the personification of bullshit. As soon as I heard Lady BlahBlah was going to play Elizabeth Bathory I knew it would be, the writers for this show are total morons there's no other way to justify their decisions.
Plus I gave them one more season to keep me watching with Freak Show. As usual I liked the beginning and Twisty was one of the best characters on TV, maybe ever. Then, as usual, by mid-season it was a homoerotic musical clusterf**k of a mess with pointless shitty covers of popular songs for no apparent reason. And, in my opinion, killing Twisty will forever go down as one of the dumbest things ever done in television history. If I was a writer there I would've raised hell over that and if they still did it I would've apologized to fans to make sure they knew I wasn't involved in that completely idiotic and ridiculous decision. If you can't tell, I won't be watching.
And p.s. F**k CW for what can only be a dishgaceful destruction of my all-time favorite horror character Jason Voorhees. Just like the Marvel films have done, another childhood memory will be turned into an unrecognizable lazy uncreative pile of shit.

par3182 said...

can you please continue your usual altruistic service to mankind and post gifs of any finn or bomer semi-nudity and spare me the horror of sitting through this?