Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...

... you can learn from:


Bateman: Do you know what Ed Gein said about women?
Van Patten: Ed Gein? The maitre 'd at Canal Bar?
Bateman: No, serial killer, Wisconsin, the '50s.
McDermott: So what did he say?
 Bateman: "When I see a pretty girl walking down the street
I think 2 things. One part wants me to take her out, talk to her,
be real nice and sweet and treat her right."
Van Patten: And what did the other part think?
Bateman: "What her head would look like on a stick." [laughs]

Today is the 15th anniversary of American Psycho. It was released in over 1200 theaters on April 14th 2000 and made a little over 7 million in its opening weekend, coming in at 6th place box-office-wise.

Look at all that crap. WTF is "The Road to El Dorado"? Anyway give or take an Erin Brockovich it's clear which movie's won in the long run.

I had planned on really celebrating this anniversary this week, but then last week happened and it's not gonna happen, I've got too much else to do. But I'd love to hear your thoughts on Mary Harron's masterpiece. Above and beyond Christian Bale's hot ass, even.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love love love this movie. Insanely quotable and I think it's the best Bale has ever been.
But do you ever wonder how Leo would have done in the Pat Bateman role?

Anonymous said...

that whole scene discussing the color white on the business cards... that's happened to me at work before.

Film Excess Movie Review Blog said...

I liked the book, thought the film was good, but also tame. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read the book but tame isn't the word I would use to describe the movie.