Friday, March 06, 2015

RIP Albert Maysles

.
I haven't seen a proper link but Twitter is saying that the great documentarian Albert Maysles, who directed Grey Gardens and Gimme Shelter amongst many other great films, died in his sleep last night. I was just reading yesterday about his new movie In Transit, which will be playing at the Tribeca Film Fest next month - also a remastered edition of Grey Gardens just started playing at Film Forum this week. In other words at 88 years young he was just as vital as ever. Thanks for everything you showed us, Al.
.

2 comments:

sissyinhwd said...

I yelled out loud NO!!!!
He is one of my heroes.
He is one who made me look at things as they are.

sissyinhwd said...

OK
Damn
Tears now.
In honor of the brothers I will watch SALESMAN tonight for the hundredth time.