Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Good Morning, World

.
Top o' the mornin' to ya, Xavier Samuel!

Somebody posted these gifs from Priscilla Queen of the Desert director Stephen Elliot's last movie A Few Best Men on their Tumblr the other day and I went back and checked my own old post on the movie and these are much better than what I'd posted, since I was working with just the trailer, and that can't stand. So here we are.

Fixed it. Has anyone seen this movie? I have not. I'm more excited about Xav's next flick, a new spin on Frankenstein (Xav's the monster because clearly this slab of pretty was born to play Frankenstein's Monster) from Bernard Rose, the director of my beloved Paperhouse (and yes also Candyman).
.

6 comments:

Glenn said...

It is not a good movie.

Jason Adams said...

I had a feeling.

Bill Carter said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

If you don't go into the movie w/high expectations, it's a funny enough "lads" comedy. Olivia Newton-John plays a coked-out mother-in-law-to-be, Kevin Bishop gives a best-man toast about how everyone thought that bridegroom Xavier Samuel was gay, and there's a running joke about a sheep swallowing...well, watch it yourself.

It was an Aussie hit, and there's a sequel in the works.

The gifs you posted are in the first five minutes of the movie. I think I wore out the replay and freeze-frame buttons on that scene.

Bill Carter said...

Just noticed that one of the labels you applied to this posting was "Horror".

What on earth is horrifying about Xavier Samuel nude?

(Sorry I'm so late in adding this comment, but I've been staring at that underpants-removal gif for the last couple of hours, and I got distracted....)

Jason Adams said...

Bill - I labeled it "horror" because I talked about the Frankenstein movie he's making... you know, in the words, next to the pictures. ;) I mean I can't blame you for being distracted.

Bill Carter said...

There was text?

I guess I missed that part.