Monday, November 10, 2014

Ash is Back

.
There's someone in my fruit cellar!!!! Someone with a fresh soooooul! Starz has just announced they are making a ten-episode series called Ash vs. Evil Dead, which will star Bruce Campbell as Ashley J. Williams, best known to horror geeks far and wide as the deadite-battlah Ash in Sam Raimi's trilogy. HOLY SHIT. Sam Raimi is writing, and he's directing the first episode; it will air some time next year. Here's a pair of quotes from the fellas via the press release I just got:

“Evil Dead has always been a blast. Bruce, Rob, and I are thrilled to have the opportunity to tell the next chapter in Ash’s lame, but heroic saga. With his chainsaw arm and his ‘boomstick,’ Ash is back to kick some monster butt. And brother, this time there’s a truckload of it,” said Sam Raimi. 

 "I'm really excited to bring this series to the Evil Dead fans worldwide - it's going to be everything they have been clamoring for: serious deadite ass-kicking and plenty of outrageous humor,” said Bruce Campbell.

The nerds have taken over the asylum, you guys. The cool news we've been getting lately, it's really just almost more than my fragile little brain can bear. Watching the return of The Comeback last night, I felt like I'd entered another dimension. A wonderful other dimension. This only adds fuel to that fire - did I fall through my computer at some point and this is my Wonderland??? If so I ain't never going back to that other place.
.

No comments: