Thursday, October 02, 2014

Summon Up The Strange

.
Considering the other awful options being mentioned now that Joaquin Phoenix has officially (and smartly) passed, people like Jared Leto and Johnny Depp, ugh and ugher, I really do think we'd all be wise to step back to the Justin Theroux option that was once on the table for Doctor Strange. Joseph Gordon Levitt's too young. Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy have already done their iconic nerd projects, and they're too British besides. Unless y'all got a better idea...? I momentarily thought of Billy Crudup, but the world seems to have given up on him (And he too already has that prominent nerd role already under his belt.)


6 comments:

subatomiccowboy said...

RIZ AHMED!

I will keep suggesting for all potential dream casting roles until one is given to him. He's my Idris Elba.

Anonymous said...

Zoe Saldana is the obvious choice now

Shane said...

Joseph Fiennes?

amola-tesouras said...

I was rooting for Phoenix because he's so good; but simultaneously I wasn't, because I really don't think he would fare well, personally, inside the Marvel machine (and yet I love the MCU so far).

Theroux might work, yes he might. Strange needs to be able to convey mystery, past grief, a lived-in quality; Cumberbatch and Hardy are too young, Johnny Depp is on autopilot now, and Leto should stick to singing...

Anonymous said...

I can see Dermot Mulroney as Doctor Strange. Easy!

Anonymous said...

Jon Hamm