Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...

... you can learn from:


Plainview: Are you an angry man, Henry? 
Henry: About what? 
Plainview: Are you envious? D'you get envious? 
Henry: I don't think so. No. 
Plainview: I have a competition in me. 
I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. 
Henry: That part of me is gone. Working and not succeeding - 
all my... failures has left me... I just don't care. 
Plainview: Well, if it's in me, it's in you.
There are times when I...
I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. 
I want to earn enough money I can get away from everyone.

Henry: What will you do about your boy? 
Plainview: I don't know. Uhhhh, maybe it'll change. 
Does your sound come back to you? I don't know. 
Maybe no one knows that. A doctor might not know that. 
Henry: Where's his mother? 
Plainview: I don't want to talk about those things. 
I see the worst in people, Henry.
I don't need to look past seeing them to get all I need.
I've built up my hatreds over the years, 
little by little. Having you here gives me a second breath  
of life. I can't keep doing this on my own...
with these, umm... people

There is nothing scarier than Daniel Plainview smiling.
How amazing is this line though:
"I don't need to look past seeing them to get all I need."
Jesus. Anyway...
you can still vote on this week's Blood-themed Beauty vs Beast!
.

No comments: