Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Good Morning, World

.
Today is the 31st birthday of the actor Andrew Garfield, best known for playing one of the clone kids in Never Let Me Go. These shots are from some other movie he was in, I don't know, some drama about science, ethics and personal responsibility, I guess.

Also chicken feathers, spandex, and spider-bums. Probably not in that order. Coincidentally The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hit bluray just yesterday, in case... somebody out there liked it enough to bring it home? I dunno about that - the film's reception was such a shrug that Sony seems to have reshuffled all of their big money superhero movie plans in its wake.

Nobody really blames Andy for that though. (Except my boyfriend, who hates his performance as Peter Parker and much preferred Tobey, but nobody should listen to him.) I felt kinder to the movie at the time than I really feel in retrospect, but then I get high off Spider-bum and can't see straight, so... nobody should listen to me, is my point. Happy birthday, Andrew!


4 comments:

Joey said...

Him screaming in Never Let Me Go breaks my heart. Just thinking about it upsets me.

Derreck said...

I'm not so sure why people rag on Tobey as PP. He was pretty much great in the role. Spider-Man 3 left a bad taste in people's mouths when they think of the first set of films but that shouldn't reflect on Tobey's performance.

mangrove said...

"ethics and personal responsibility"? Nope, that was Raimi's take.

The new reboot has Peter being super selfish (Uncle Ben dies because of me? Who cares!) and TASM 2 even has a super icky AIDS allegory about him not sharing blood with contaminated Harry Osborn.

Yuck and yuck!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Tobey was perfectly cast. Just watch Spiderman 1 again - he is ace in the role.

Spiderman 3 sucked though.