Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Monster Named Siggy

.
Sigourney Weaver has just joined the cast of A Monster Calls. What's A Monster Calls? Well we've mentioned this project a couple of times already here at MNPP; we're very excited about it. It's based on a book by Patrick Ness, who also wrote the Chaos Walking trilogy of books, which we're fans of. We read A Monster Calls a couple of months ago and it's a shockingly moving piece of work - I had no idea going in what I was in for, actually. It's about a boy named Conor who has a sick mother and a gigantic tree who comes at night and rips apart his bedroom. 

As for the movie-makers, Director Juan Antonio Bayona last made The Impossible with Naomi Watts, and Sigourney's joining Liam Neeson (he's voicing the titular monster) and Felicity Jones as Conor's mom. Sigourney has a really very important, and big, role as Conor's grandmother. Sigoruney wasn't what I had pictured but then I suppose I just don't picture her when I read about grandmothers, and I'm gonna need to get over that now. It's a really good part though, at least in the book. (thanks Mac)
.

No comments: