Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Just Cuz We're Pretty Everybody's Jealous

.
I honestly literally don't even know what to do with myself in the wake of today's announcement that the Film Society of Lincoln Center is hosting a John Waters retrospective in September. It's not just that they're showing all of his movies, and he'll be there for a bunch of them, including the early stuff that he's the only person even with copies of. It's that they're showing those early movies on a night they're calling "Celluloid Atrocity Night" and it's taking place on September 11th. (I'm pretty sure we now know that the fox in Antichrist actually said "BAD TASTE REIGNS.") It's that they're showing Polyester in Odorama, with the scratch-n-sniff cards. It's that John Waters is going to be introducing a screening of FINAL DESTINATION. I am at a total loss, you guys. It's like all the oxygen has been sucked out of my balls. It's too much. TOO MUCH!


No comments: