Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- LOL Forever - Hands down the funniest thing you're gonna read this week - if not EVER (okay that might be over-selling it) - is this conversation between Obvious Child's Jenny Slate and Gabe Liedman and Vulture's Max Silvestre. They're all friends, you can tell, and it had my eyes watering with laughter listening in on them. The part where they're making fun of the guy whose favorite movie was Dancer in the Dark is brain-breakingly funny.

"Yeah. You know what is really cool to watch over and over again is somebody experiencing the dread of just going swiftly blind. That, to me, is really cool."

And then Jenny Slate tells what might be the single greatest story having to do with Todd Solondz's film Happiness that has ever been told. Alright I'm ruining too much, just go read it, it's spectacular. Oh and go see Obvious Child too, of course - it's great, here's my review of it.

--- Super Human - On top of yesterday's news that he's rebooting Predator, write-director Shane Black also wants to make a Doc Savage movie (I knew the name but that was all so I had to look him up - Doc Savage was a pulp character from the 30s and 40s, an adventurer with superhuman abilities, kind of Indiana Jones ramped up to 11). Anyway for the lead Black says he needs "a perfect physical specimen who inspires looks of awe due to the symmetry and perfection that he exudes" so naturally it's Chris Hemsworth that's they're thinking.

--- Over the Moon - I think that some of these leaked online a couple of years ago somehow, I swear I remember having them, but Karen O has announced her first solo LP for release this Fall, called Crush Songs, and it's a bunch of lo-fi songs she recorded in her bedroom back in 2006 and 2007. Supposedly they sound a lot like "The Moon Song," that Oscar-nominated ditty she did for Spike Jonze's Her last year. So if you liked that, you'll like this, and if you didn't like that, you have terrible taste.

--- Viva The Villains - Just the other day we were wondering what characters that Patrick Wilson and Corey Stoll were playing in Ant-Man - well wonder no more, now we know. Corey is playing the big bad guy and Patrick Wilson is playing Stoll's character's cousin - this cousin person is apparently a big deal because he turns out to be a character named Crossfire, who you can read about over here. Apparently this means that Patrick will probably show up further down the road, perhaps in a tight costume, so hooray!

--- All Hail Snow - The first teaser-of-sorts for the next Hunger Games movie, Mockingjay Part 1 or whatever (I can't with these titles), has appeared - it doesn't have actual footage from the movie, but it does have Donald Sutherland being a bad-ass, which is probably even better than actual footage from the movie. Anyway I talked about it and made a weird connection over at The Film Experience, go read about that there.

--- Today's Man - I haven't gotten to watch this clips yet myself so I can't tell you if they rival that footage of Chris Pratt acting goofy in a tank top that we watched last week but The Today Show visited the set of Jurassic World and here you go, watch that here. I mean, just by virtue of Chris Pratt being in the video there's bound to be some adorableness, at least. (I just realized I never posted those shots of Chris at the beach here, but I did at the Tumblr, see them there. They're worth clicking on!)

--- Space Jam - Ridley Scott has apparently decided what he's making next, from a slew of projects - he is going to direct that script Drew Goddard adapted from the book The Martian, which will star Matt Damon as a man stranded alone on Mars. Kind of like Gravity, in the sci-fi loneliness thing, but without all that, you know, gravity stuff. Anybody read the book? I almost bought it the other day but it was expensive and I was cheap - never a good combo.
.

1 comment:

Scot said...

Chris Hemsworth as Doc Savage? That's just wrong. Even as Thor he was too small. Doc Savage is big and beefy. More like Kellan Lutz or Joe Joe Manganiello. Hemsworth is too slght. Plus Doc Savage was intelligent, Hemsworth has yet to pull that off.