Friday, June 20, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Buff Boys -  I don't know why I bother reading interviews with Joe Manganiello, he really always comes off kind of insufferable in them and it's not like I come to Joe Manganiello to hear him talk anyway. But yeah here's an interview with him on that stripper documentary he directed - of specific interest is the passage where he talks about how heterosexual his male stripper movie is, dammit.

--- And Speaking of them strippers, blessed be I might have to find religion if it turns out to be true that Matthew McConoughey's decided he's gotten too big for his g-string and won't be doing the second Magic Mike movie. I actually thought he was terrific in the first one, but right after that he quickly became The Single Most Insufferable Human Being On The Face Of Planet Earth (Yes He's Worse Than Kim Jong-un) and now I don't even want to stare into his asshole, that's how much I can't stand him.

--- Drop It Like It's Hardy - Back to people we like (especially looking like he was looking yesterday) - a few images, a poster, and apparently a trailer have been released for Tom Hardy's movie The Drop (once upon a time it was called Animal Rescue) which co-stars a puppy and Matthias Schoenaerts. I'll let you decide which is cuter. The trailer is over at this second link here.

--- Hell Again Hell Again - Ron Perlman really really really wants to make a third Hellboy movie, and who can blame him? It's not like he gets to play the main character in very many movies. He says that Guillermo Del Toro has an idea for a third movie. If you subtract a couple of those 'really"s from up front, that's how much I'd want a third Hellboy movie - somewhat. I like them. It's not love. But they have great monsters, so...

--- Night Crawler - Apparently Ben Affleck will get his very own solo Batman movie, called The Batman,  way way out in 2019. He's got to make it through Batman Vs. Superman and Justice League first, though. I know it won't, these things never do, but I've secretly (notsomuch secretly now) begun to hope that BVS is an enormous flop - Man of Steel left a really foul aftertaste and almost every choice they've been making, u to and especially including Affleck himself, only gets it sourer. (Note I used Henry Cavill to illustrate this news item - he I can stomach looking at.)

--- Eastward Bound - Wong Kar-wai is supposedly going to shoot his next movie next year, and all we know so far is that it's a romance and it will "star a male lead that all the women are crazy about." That's a quote from a studio executive, clearly. So who's big in China these days? I mean I'm still crazy about the star of WKW's last movie, Tony Leung, but I'm not a woman so I guess I don't count.
.

1 comment:

AG said...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was afraid this was going to happen. I love Matthew - just his sex appeal - don't care about his acting/real personality and the rest...