Monday, June 16, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Wet N' Wild - I'm sure you all heard this rumor by now but supposedly Khal Drogo himself, Jason Momoa, will be seen as Aquaman in Batman Vs. Superman and the Justice League movies. It sounds like the role isn't huge though? Cue a lot of geeks spazzing about him not being a blonde person, yadda yadda. Obviously all I care about is how wet and naked they have him. Momoa himself posted that Instagram shot of himself with a pitchfork and a middle finger that really only confuses whether it's actually happening or not.

--- Sit On This - A lil' round-up of Game of Thrones junk for after last night's fourth season finale - this link's helpful in rounding up some quotes from people involved with the show from across the web, actors and writers and so on, about the finale. They be everywhere. This one's a spoiler for the books and probably maybe eventually the show so only click over if you've read all of the books but here's the episode's director talking about why something didn't happen in the episode that does happen in the books. And over at The Wire they had a lot of fun crunching up some numbers for the fourth season.

--- Hero Worship - Cinema Blend has a video from the set of The Avengers 2 (blah blah Ultron blah) of the Chrisses (Evans and Hemsworth) walking around in costume and Thor doing his hammer schtick. I wish we lived in a world where "his hammer schtick" had something to do with pounding Chris Evans, in a sexual way I mean, alas we don't. And we're all the worse off for it. Stay tuned to the end for the part seen to the left there where Chris Evans turns around because duh.

--- Bland Dames - I had to stop reading this article because it was giving away a lot of plot from the second How To train Your Dragon movie which I still intend to see, but The Dissolve is taking a look at how flat "Strong Female Characters" often are in current movies, and how they seem to just be stuck in to have there be a female in it. Not having finished the article I can't say if they address the fact that 50% of all characters in mainstream movies are flat types these days, regardless of gender, but I get their point anyway.

--- Junky Bunch - This link is as slight a thing to link to as is possible without waving your hand through thin air but hey here's Dave Franco talking about how it was his own set of genitals that Zac Efron injured himself on, and obviously I have to link to that.

--- Giant Movies - The Playlist has the release dates for the next two Steven Spielberg movies - his as-of-yet untitled Cold War thriller written by the Coen Brothers will be out in October 2015, and his adaptation of Roald Dahl's The BFG will be out the following July. Do keep in mind he hasn't shot a frame of these yet so who knows. But yay BFG! Still cant believe that could happen.

--- Slashed To Hell - If you're at all invested in cinema d'Slasher you should definitely read this piece over at Fangoria lamenting the genre's current state - I'm trying to think of an example of a straightforward slasher movie that's been great in the past ten years but everything I think of has some kind of a meta twist and riffs on the conventions instead -- Cabin in the Woods, You're Next, The Strangers... even Leslie Vernon. The first two Cold Prey movies are good choices though. I know there are ones I'm forgetting though. Help me, people!

--- Not Yeti - Here's our pal Glenn's take on Willow Creek, that Bigfoot found-footage movie I reviewed last week. I was curious to hear what he had to say cuz we're both big Blair Witch fans; he had far less patience for it than I did.

--- And Finally here's the full trailer (via) for Eli Roth's upcoming cannibal movie The Green Inferno, which is out in mid-September. I'm sad I missed this when it played in New York in early Spring; even though word hasn't been great and my hopes are not high I'll clearly be seeing it. Such enthusiasm!
.
.

No comments: