Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- For Chan - Today's link round-up is crazy heavy on the Channing Tatum and Channing Tatum related news items so I'll just start out by linking us over to his cover interview with GQ magazine and sexy attached photo-shoot - I haven't read the whole thing myself yet but all the headlines have been "Channing admits he's a big drunk!" so I will probably get around to that soon.

--- Singlets For Statues - Over at The Wire they're tackling the Oscar buzz that Chan's been on the receiving end of for the wrestling drama Foxcatcher, which as a whole has gotten a fairly rapturous response. Steve Carell's the front-man for the buzz obviously (I mean he's wearing a fake nose, clearly he's the front-man) but they're saying don't count Channing out. Anyway let's go back to what I was saying about Channing on the receiving end...

--- Double Ex El - In that above linked GQ interview Channing gives up a little info on the plot of the Magic Mike sequel, which is apparently going to have the boys going on a road-trip to a stripper convention. Magnify everything in the first film by a thousand, is basically what he's saying. Oh and Steven Soderbergh is definitely coming back, just not as director, but as everything else. Seriously - camera operator, cinematographer and editor. I don't blame Stevie one bit - I'd make sure I could be on that set too. I'll take "bikini waxer, thong fitter, and anal bleacher."

--- Dark Meat - And speaking of male strippers, a rival male stripper movie is imminent! This one's taking on the world of black strippers in urban clubs - it'll be called (good grief this title) Chocolate City and Michael Jai White and Tyson Beckford are already lined up to lead the big beefy cast. I've been meaning to do a post on White - he is a very attractive gentleman. So bring this on! (Although maybe change the title.) I think we should maybe make just male stripper movies from now on. That's what I think.

--- Holly Weird - Alright, moving on to stories having nothing to do with thongs - David Cronenberg chatted with IndieWire about the Cannes experience and his new movie about Hollywood called Maps to the Stars. I found the part about how online media's changed the playing field really interesting - now he knows via tweets what the critics are thinking earlier than he's used to having at the fest, which changes the whole dynamic for him.

--- Quirk Masters - Two bits of Coen Brothers news: they have been hired to rewrite the script for Steven Spielberg's possibly next movie, about a lawyer fighting to get a spy plane pilot released from Russia back during the Cold War. It will star Tom Hanks. Directed by Spielberg, written by Coens, starring Hanks? That's some wattage there. And number two, the Coens themselves are planning on next making a comedy set in 1950s Hollywood about a dude who covers up celebrity fuck-ups. It's called Hail Caesar.

--- Ginger Detective - I am trying not to spazz out about the rumor that Jessica Chastain could be the lead in the second season of True Detective, because who knows (it's already been sort of denied by her reps) but it's doesn't matter - I am failing (flailing) spectacularly. This would get me on-board so fast, even after really not liking the first season, heads and limbs and everythings would spin.

--- Lizard Breath - I watched most of the classic Godzilla movies when I was a kid, I was obsessed with them, but I can't really call myself an expert on the franchise - there are tons I've never seen, especially the newest ones (80s and on). So thank goodness for Tim over at The Film Experience, who listed 10 of the best fight scenes from the movies - a great place to start!
.

No comments: