Friday, March 21, 2014

Muppets Most Wanted in 150 Words or Less

.
How do you really review a Muppet movie? I'm in no place to judge such things - these are my oldest friends, and spending two hours with them is always, no matter the circumstances, a joy. I cried my way through half of 2011's The Muppets (when they start singing "The Rainbow Connection"? Fuggedaboutit.) and sure enough here with Muppets Most Wanted push me over like a feather, I'm done. MMW doesn't rely on that tearful nostalgia so much though - it's much more concerned with good old-fashioned felt-folks silliness, and bless it for that. I did worry beforehand when I saw the movie was two hours long that it might wear out my bum's welcome for a story that revolves around the presence or lack thereof of a solitary mole, but Muppets Most Wanted just floats on by on a cloud of effervescent wocka-wockas. Totally delightful.
.

1 comment:

Jasper said...

Yes. So charming! And I keep thinking of Poopenbergen, and I begin giggling incessantly.