Monday, October 28, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- The Craft of War - Seeing the news that model-turned-actor Travis Fimmel was maybe set to star in it I was simultaneously turned on and rolling my eyes at the idea of a Warcraft movie, but I guess I'd forgotten that Moon director Duncan Jones was going to direct it. There's never no eye-rolling in Duncan Jones' general direction! Colin Farrell is also apparently up for one of the film's four leads.

--- Blue Movie - I'm thinking about going to see Blue is the Warmest Color tonight, have any of you seen it yet? There's been some interesting chatter about the movie online (seems to be a movie that inspires interesting chatter of all sorts), but two pieces from the New York Times especially caught my eye - Manola Dargis is not a fan of the film and sight unseen I was already worried about the things that are troubling her. Meanwhile AO Scott takes a look at the news that the IFC Center here in New York isn't enforcing the film's NC-17 rating and is allowing minors in to see it, and Alyssa Rosenberg has a nice follow-up to that. I suppose I'll have more of an opinion on all this once I see the movie!

--- Boo For Who - It is Halloween week and so I imagine there will be mountains of fine horror writing that I'm going to miss out on, since I'm shit at keeping up; anybody see's anything good, send me a link, I would love it! But hey look here's one - over at The Dissolve three smart folks have a chat about what it is in this sort of jaded day and age that we generally find scary right now.

--- Dead Aaaaight - I'm really at the point where I refuse to report on this stuff until something is real, but man I wanna report on it so here - both Bruce Campbell and the director of the Evil Dead remake Fede Alvarez have come out saying that Sam Raimi is totally gonna make Army of Darkness 2, aka Evil Dead 4. I mean, I just can't get too invested in this yet, we're been hearing this for so long. But believe me, if it happens, kaboom goes my brain.

--- Auteur All Hallows - Because my friend Joe Reid understands that all you need to do on Halloween is watch John Carpenter movies from the moment you wake up until the moment your eyes roll back in your head with unconsciousness, here's the way you need to plot out the day. Take two - You can also do this with Wes Craven.
.
--- Beautiful Wickedness - Taking the cue from American Horror Story's delightfully wicked third season, The Film Experience is giving love to the best in cinematic witchery this week, here's the first entry on the Wicked Queen from Disney's Snow White. Many more to come over the next few days, too!

--- And finally here's the last trailer for Catching Fire before it comes out in... just twenty-five days? Holy hell I have not been paying attention, I didn't realize it was so soon. The arena in Part 2 is what this story's all about, it's really spectacular, and you get a glimpse or two of it in this new trailer. Smartly this series always keeps the big things hidden away in the commercials though, I appreciate that.
.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me, the best films of the year have had the word 'blue' in their title: 'Blue Jasmine' and 'Blue Is The Warmest Colour'.

sara said...

Loved Blue Is The Warmest Color. Like LOVED it.