Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...

... you can learn from:


Boris: Why do you want to dance?
Victoria: Why do you want to live? 
Boris: Well I don't know exactly why... but I must. 
Victoria: That's my answer too. 

Today is the 65th anniversary of The Red Shoes' release here in the US. I really didn't expect to love Michael Powell's film as much as I did when I first saw it in 2009, but before a couple of days had passed I'd already re-watched the film two more times. It's an astonishing thing. And I'm not sure if its a coincidence or not but over at The Film Experience Nathaniel finally saw Dario Argento's Suspiria and just wrote up some thoughts about it, which include a list of cinema's most deranged ballerinas, which of course goes back to this film. Them skinny little toe-tappers be straight-up bonkers!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my all time favorites! Great movie.