Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Anty Them

.
You have probably already heard the news that Edgar Wright has apparently narrowed down his search for somebody to play the lead in his Marvel superhero movie of Ant-Man to two contenders - Paul Rudd and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. If you haven't heard that there, now you have. I like both of these dudes (although Rudd still has a little bit of making-up to me for the truly abysmal This is 40), but who's right for the role? Damned if I know. I've been keeping myself as unclear about Ant-Man as a character as I possibly can on purpose, so an origin story will feel exciting and fresh when I finally see the movie. So really I have no fucking idea about any of it. I don't really know what the part is. I assume at some point a man becomes ant like? Anyway that's not gonna stop me from asking this, obviously.
.
.
As I pointed out take anything I say here with a giant grain of salt as I have no idea about anything, ever, but I personally am torn - I like the idea of there being another slightly older superhero in the mix so for that reason I lean towards Rudd, but then I lean back to Joe cuz he's so adorable and charismatic... so I dunno. You tell me.

2 comments:

Eve said...

Neither.

I'm not a fan of JGL's acting in general.

And I wouldn't be able to suspend my disbelief if Rudd played Hank Pym (assuming they're going with that version).

No, I do not take comic book based characters seriously, but Rudd is too much of a comedy actor for me to take *his* acting seriously.

My dream choice? Benedict Cumberbatch. But then again, I want to see Cumberbatch in almost everything.

Van Dyne said...

My choice (because I'm capable of logical thinking and am also familiar with the character) would be Ewan McGregor.

There's just something off putting about JGL, I can't quite put my finger on it. He's like the male version of Anne Hathaway...both perfectly good actors, both perfectly nice human being but both for reasons unknown to me, inspire contempt.