Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Terrible Lizard - We'll see if the studio lets this image stay out in the world or tries to clamp down on it but a dude in Brazil snapped the first photo of the new Godzilla's look at a licensing expo down there - that's him to the left. They've thankfully made up for their blunder in redesigning him for the 1998 film - this looks like proper Godzilla. 

--- And Speaking of big assed lizards, the fourth Jurassic Park movie is now set to be called Jurassic World, so set yourselves to speculating on what that might mean for the thing's plot. It's also got a release date - June 12th, 2015. Otherwise known as 1 day and 22 years since the first one came out, and yes I knew that off the top of my head.

--- Small Screen Psycho - Y'all know how much I love American Psycho. Or if you don't know, know - I really really love American Psycho. Indeed I just re-watched it last week, and it will never ever lose its awesomeness for me. But I'm having trouble being all that excited about this proposed American Psycho television show for FX, which would be set in the present day with a mid-50s Patrick Bateman schooling a Psycho Jr. (Do note the over-lap between Batman Beyond's storyline and Christian Bale having played Batman though - to what end, I don't know. Just note it.) Mostly because without Bale's epic performance and Mary Harron's very smart take on the material, all you've got left is Bret Easton Ellis and... this could be a nightmare.

--- All Olives - I love random shit like this - because Nat had Olivia Wilde on his mind after seeing her perform that live-read of Boogie Nights in Toronto, he listed his ten favorite Olivias. Cuz why not? I generally can't stand Olivia Wilde (although she was pretty funny in Butter) so at least she led to some good in the world.

--- Welcome  Weirdo - I know Joel Edgerton's done a bunch of screenwriting and co-directing with his brother Nash before but I always feel like he's actually directed directed, too, which he hasn't. But that's about to change - he's making a movie called Weirdo, which he will have a small role in. That's him looking good with a buzzed head with the recently gratuitized Jai Courtney in Toronto to the left.

--- Sculder Celebration - I should have linked over to this yesterday, but... didn't - yesterday was the 20th anniversary of The X-Files first episode's first airing, and I wished it a happy one over at The Film Experience. 

--- Witch Craft - I haven't watched this myself because I'm far past needing convincing to watch the third season of American Horror Story, but hey maybe you need to add a dash of enthusiasm to yourself, so here's the new teaser for the show, which apparently has actual footage this time, unlike the past couple.
.

.

No comments: