Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chuck & Bob's Chaos

.
It's been so long since we first heard that Charlie Kaufman was adapting Patrick Ness' terrific trilogy of young adult adventures called Chaos Walking that I've had time to 1) run and read all three books, and 2) eventually forget that Charlie Kaufman was adapting them, and then 3) even really forget what the books are about. Granted with my lousy memory all of this only took place in less than two years, but still. News has been quiet. Until now! And it's good, I think. Robert Zemeckis is thinking about directing the film... s. Being reminded what the books are about, I'm still unsure how you even turn them into movies - how do you visualize audible thought? The soundtrack is going to be INTENSE. Anyway even though Zemeckis hasn't been my fave as of late - I disliked Flight quite a bit, and let us not even speak of those dead-eyed animated aberrations - he still made Back to the Future and Romancing the Stone and Who Framed Rogger Rabbit and Death Becomes Her, so he's got a couple more free passes to burn. I really thought Spike Jonze might make the movies (he and Kaufman are a package deal, right?) but I'd rather he be off making righteous looking quirk like Her anyway.
.

No comments: