Thursday, July 11, 2013

World War Z in 175 Words or Less

.
I'm forcing myself to write this review even though I can tell you right now, right here at the outset, that I don't really have anything to say about this movie. (Not that anything I could say would top my tweet about it.) Which in itself is something, I guess. I liked it more than I thought I would, but then I didn't think I would like it at all - the trailer's left me totally cold. But there's some really fine work going on, even if everything feels slightly redundant of the seventeen thousand zombie movies we've seen since 28 Days Later (which it most resembled) - for one, it just glides along, doesn't it? I wasn't ever bored - in fact a lot of the set-pieces hum with palpable tension. I don't think he got much credit when the film first came out and everybody was surprised the movie didn't suck but I lay my goodwill down at Brad Pitt's feet - he makes a raggedy-assed apocalypse go down super smoothly.
.

No comments: