Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I Am Dean

.
Anton Corbijn, the director of Control and The American (I somehow still haven't seen Control and I disliked The American a lot), is going to make a James Dean movie. More specifically it's a movie about Dean's friendship with the photographer Dennis Stock, who took some of the most iconic pictures of Dean. That seems like a fruitful and as of yet under explored path to take, if you've gotta make another James Dean movie - the creation of his iconography, which is undying. Questions inevitably turn to Who Will Play Him now. We'll have to see if Corbijn can find somebody as out-of-nowhere as Sam Riley, or if he'll go with a known quantity. (As a side-note I don't know who took these shots of him that I'm using here but I just saw them yesterday so I'm using them.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SEE CONTROL FFS

Anonymous said...

James Dean fois trois.
Iconographies de James Dean reflétant ses racines de garçon du Midwest.
-Beau Mec à Deauville