Thursday, April 11, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- Up Up And Away - The Playlist shows off some new Man of Steel pics from the next issue of Entertainment Weekly, including that impressive shot of Henry Cavvil in his Supes costume there to the left, and also a pretty intense shot of Michael Shannon as Zod that's really reminding me of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Batman & Robin, which... well I don't think that's what they're going for.

--- Viva 90s - Earlier this week Nathaniel listed his top ten movies of the 1990s, go check it at The Film Experience, it's a great list. The 90s are hard for this sort of thing for me - it's when I came of age and I've got a lot of personal attachments to films, more so than other decades, so trying to sort out what's actually Great versus what I just love is tougher than other times, I think.

--- On Fire - Well this is a headline writ from my subconscious - "Jamie Bamber to star in Firefighting Drama." It's for the Sky channel in the UK, from one of the writers of that show Skins; it'll be eight episodes... for now, I suppose - that's how Brit TV works, right? They make a series and if it catches on, it gets a second, so on. Whatever - Jamie Bamber as a firefighter, y'all.

--- Deadites Alive - I did a happy dance when I saw a new review up over at Final Girl - Stacie takes on the Evil Dead remake! Actually, I like the thought of Stacie Takes On The Evil Dead. I wanna see Stacie slicing up demons with a chainsaw, dammit.

--- Furious Fast - Well I didn't see this one coming - James Wan, director of the first Saw film and the Insidious movies, has signed on to direct the seventh Fast slash Furious flick. I was gonna say this will be his first non-horror movie but that'd be forgetting that Kevin Bacon revenge thing (which I doubt he'd mind, that being forgotten).

--- Hang Man - Damn damn damn, I don't even want to write this because writing it legitimizes it as Really Happening - that Tarzan movie with Alexander Skarsgard and Jessica Chastain isn't happening, at least not any time soon, which equals never, probably. Boo. Now I'll never see Alex in a loincloth.

--- Tough Love - Joseph Gordon Levitt's directorial debut Don Jon (now sans Addiction) is coming out in mid-October, which seems kind of ridiculous - it's already screened at fests, why wait so damned long? Do they really expect Oscar traction? I wanna see JGL all greased and beefy, dammit.

--- Gun Slinger - I have no idea who's playing who in Jane Got a Gun anymore and I kind of don't even care now that Michael Fassbender and Lynne Ramsay have moved on along, but Roland Emmerich, who will always be Marlon in The Truman Show to me, has just signed on to play Natalie Portman's sloppy husband. I mean I'm surprised that Natalie isn't playing the husband role at this point.

--- Mann Up - DH has some details on what director Michael Mann is up to next, an Hong Kong cyber-thriller starring Chris Hemsworth - because obviously a movie set in HK would star that white man. Really though, can't you picture the way MM will shoot that city already? And everybody will orgasm over it even though it's entirely predictable.
.

No comments: