Monday, March 18, 2013

Quote of the Day

.
I ought to take notes at all of the Q&As with movie-makers that I go to, but I'm a terrible note-taker, I always get behind and miss half of what's being said... so I don't. But I actually did write one thing down when I saw Pam Grier at a screening of Jackie Brown this weekend, and here that thing is:

"This is like that Forrest Gump movie -- 
you know, with that feather and shit?"

I think it's funnier totally out of context, but here's the context if you insist - she was talking about how she was driving to a movie studio with a friend and her friend was telling her that he'd heard that Quentin Tarantino, that dude hot off of Pulp Fiction, was writing a movie for her. She didn't believe her friend at all, but when they got to the studio who would they immediately see across the lot than Quentin Tarantino himself. Kismet, aka like that Forrest Gump feather and shit.

I saw her a second time for a screening of Coffy, which I was surprised to learn I'd never seen before!  I thought I had, but I guess I was mixing it up with one of the other ones. Oh my god you guys - Coffy is fabulous! Razor blades in wigs! Salad tossing! Pimp-junk strangulated in yellow latex! Coffy is hot shit!

No comments: