Thursday, January 24, 2013

Elena in 150 Words or Less

Sometimes you watch a movie that feels so simple and straightforward and yet totally itself that it belies the complaint that there are no new stories to tell - it doesn't matter if it's a story that's been told a hundred thousand times already if you dig down deep into its purpose, showing it with a clarity that dazzles. That's how Elena made me feel. Watching it I couldn't believe I was so hypnotized by a movie the equivalent of walking in somebody's already made bootprints in knee-deep snowfall. The destination was preordained, the dots connecting you with the distance were already drawn, but every step of the way just felt so right.


Russell J. Coller, Jr. said...

man, I f-ing loved that movie.

Glenn said...

So glad you liked it! Was it my recommendation?

JA said...

It was your rec that got me to watch it, Glenn - thanks! Good pick.