Monday, December 10, 2012

Good Morning, Jake Ryan

.
Where ever he is out there, the actor Michael Schoeffling is turning 52 today. I suppose by disappearing he'll always stay that most perfect man of our dreams that he was in Sixteen Candles and Vision Quest and Mermaids and all of the too brief eleven roles he graced us with over the span of seven short years. At this point if he suddenly showed up and was all, you know, old... well there would be some mixed emotions involved. See lots more of him here.
.

3 comments:

native1 said...

I am surprised that you do not include his role in "Longtime Companions" in 1989. His role as a partner in a gay relationship allowed him to spend a lot of the film shirtless and/or in tighty whites. Those pics should be part of any Michael Schoeffling homage.

The Bloody Munchkin said...

I was going to say I'm surprised you didn't mention "Wild Hearts can't be Broken", but there was no shirtlessness in that....

John said...

native1, I was just about to mention that movie, I really liked it but it does turn very sad and depressing towards the end. I wasn't around anybody who had AIDS (to my knowledge anyway)to witness that in the early 80's. My ex said he lost several friends to AIDS in the 80's.I wonder waht Michael looks like today, He was cute.