Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Am Link

.
--- Ye Olde Indian Burial Ground - The writer of the Poltergeist remake says that Sam Raimi is going to direct it. We knew Raimi was producing - this whole "he will stand behind the camera and direct it" thing is new, and terribly, terribly exciting. Gooseflesh exciting! It's amazing how easily my anti-remake righteousness pops right out the window when it's a known and loved entity like Sam doing the business. Seriously though, Sam Raimi making his version of Poltergiest? What is there not to get hard about that?

--- Space Race - Slash has a few details about that Pixar movie that Brad Bird (The Incredibles) is making with Damon Lindelof (Lost) called 1952 which has been shrouded in secrecy. Everybody assumed aliens because of the year, and... maybe? Maybe not? Probably whatever? It's all still vague, basically.

--- Cop Beat - Frank Darabont's returning to TV even after he got dicked over so terrifically by The Walking Dead folks - Deadline reports his show LA Noir has been picked up by TNT for at least six episodes. I think we can all picture what the show is from that title, right? Right. It will star several people who worked with Darabont before - Dead's Jeffrey DeMunn and Jon Bernthal (ugh), plus Mist lead Thomas Jane, who we hope learned some lessons during his time on Hung (namely, get naked).

--- Euphemism Time - Bryan Singer's Jack the Giant Killer is now named Jack the Giant Slayer, because "killing" isn't family friendly - slaying, that's just fine though. The semantics of slaughter! Now I'll keep expecting to see Buffy about. Anyway the film also moved three weeks ahead schedule-wise, to March 1st 2013.

--- Good Graces - Nicole Kidman isn't going to be in Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac after all, she had to drop out so she could keep playing a pretty pretty princess.

--- Herzog's Milky Evil Eye - I keep thinking I'll have nothing to say about Tom Cruise's next movie called Jack Reacher because eww Tom Cruise, which disappoints me because I really want to start the charge for nicknaming the movie Jack Reacharound, just cuz. But then I'm reminded that WERNER HERZOG is playing the bad guy in the movie therefore I have EVERY reason in the world to post on this movie. So let's make Jack Reacharound happen, mkay? From here on out that's all I'm calling it.

--- Girl Gone Crazy - Curious what original Carrie director Brian DePalma has to say about Kimberly Pierce remaking the movie? Then click on over. It has nothing to do with telekinetic revenge, unfortunately.

--- Bleach, Baby - You may recall that director Derek Cianfrance's second movie with Ryan Gosling after the wonderful Blue Valentine is called The Place Behind the Pines and it co-stars Bradley Cooper and Eva Mendes; well it's just gotten a release date - March 29th, 2013.

--- Creepy Carey - James Marsh, the filmmaker behind the two great docs Man on Wire and Project Nim (I prefer Nim), is going to make a movie starring Carey Mulligan as a femme fatale who kidnaps a rich guy, buries him under the ground, and then all hell breaks loose? Sign me the eff up. It'll co-star Robert Pattinson too, fresh off his wonderful performance in Cosmopolis.

--- Ransome Money - I don't think I know who James Ransone is but he just replaced Nate Parker in Spike Lee's remake of Oldboy, so I guess I'll be more familiar with him when that movie comes out. He's also in Sinister, so if I ever see that, as well. Those are some tats, anyway.

--- Busted - I won't believe it until it I have actually sat through the movie and the end credits are rolling, but people be saying that Ghostbusters 3 is going to happen again, but definitely for sure for real this time sans Bill Murray. Riiiiiiight.
 .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

James Ransone jerked off and shot a huge load in Ken Park. How could you forget such a load?

Jason Adams said...

I've never seen Ken Park! I don't know how that happened.

John said...

I downloaded it from Imesh or Kazaa a few years ago (no longer do that due to viruses)it's pretty graphic and bizarre. As far as I know you can't get it on DVD anymore. I didn't think anybody else even heard of it.

Anonymous said...

You should check out Ransome at Ken Park. You´ll enjoy it! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209077/

PJ said...

Scenes of Male skin has the clip if you're interested.

He was also in HBO's Generation Kill opposite the beautiful Alexander Skarsgard.