Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Today's Fanboy Delusion

Today I'd rather be...

... on the set of Hannibal.

Oh wait - I was on the set of Hannibal. I was there this past weekend, that's right. That's a thing that actually happened. In the real world - not just in my imagination even! The only proof I've got is that picture above of some lights as I left the set, and admittedly that could be a picture of anything, so you'll just have to take my word for it. But it's true. I jaunted up to Toronto like some kind of worldly thing...

... and I visited the set of Bryan Fuller's new television program based on the early exploits of the fictional serial cannibal Hannibal Lecter, which stars Hugh Dancy (as the FBI profiler-of-sorts Will Graham), Mads Mikkelsen (as Dr. Lecter), and Laurence Fishburne (as FBI agent Jack Crawford), amongst others. 

I watched director David Slade (of Hard Candy fame) direct it. I watched actors Hugh Dancy and Laurence Fishburne act in it. I watched creator Bryan Fuller create it. I chatted with Hugh Dancy and his wife, the actress Claire Danes, about their oncoming baby. The topic of prams versus buggies was addressed. Hugh Dancy said "pram" and I swooned. He said "buggy" and I swooned again. Really I swooned every time he spoke, or didn't speak. Clint Eastwood was addressed. Laurence Fishburne came around and told us stories about the Wachowskis. These are things that happened. No delusion necessary.

Meanwhile back up in Canada they've actually started filming Mads in character today! (last pic via)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE EVER READ!

Sure, I may be a month late, but today's link post told me this happened and I couldn't surpress my excitment.
Also, I might throw myself off a building if Mockingbird Lane doesn't get picked up.