Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Am Link

.
--- Roth Rattled - Sometimes I think I'd like to live in Austin - although the number one reason, the Alamo Drafthouse, is about to open a branch not far from my front door so the list is about to get shorter - and every year when Fantastic Fest rolls around I feel it especially hard. They seem to show everything I am excited about, and lots I don't know I'm excited about until after I hear from the people there how good it was after the fact. Anyway I guess they screened that "Eli Roth fights an earthquake in Chile" movie called Aftershock, and AICN's Harry Knowles is all rave.

--- Metal Versus Man - I go back and forth on Steven Spielberg's forthcoming movie adaptation of Robopocalypse. The book was terrible, so I start out back. Way back. But it only has up to go then, right? So forth. And I like the cast he's gathering. Chris Hemsworth is already set to star, and now Anne Hathaway and Ben Whishaw are circling for smaller roles.

--- Post Rings - Now that Danny Boyle's done with the Olympics, it's back to movie-making: The Playlist reminds us that he is making a movie starring James McAvoy - indeed, a movie starring James McAvoy looking quite smart in a suit and bloodied head (hot guys covered in blood is this post's theme apparently) - called Trance, which was set to star Michael Fassbender for a hot minute.

--- Queer Picks - Over at Stale Popcorn Glenn rightfully and righteously takes on After Elton's list of the 100 greatest gay movies ever made, which of course is ripe for ridicule since there is so much gay dreck that get's made and then championed just because there are hot guys in it. Listen: perhaps you've noticed, but I like me some hot guys too. But we shouldn't lose our minds here.

--- 31 Boos - Stacie Ponder has revealed her plans at Final Girl for the month of Octob- excuse me SHOCKtober, and they look smashing - she's assigned a horror movie to every day of the month and yadda yadda go read what she has to say about what she will be doing and likewise us, if we're enterprising sorts.

--- And finally, cinematographer Matthew Libatique posted a picture showing the snake-riddled insides of Noah's Ark in Darren Aronofsky's movie about the big man and his big boat, and it's creepiness.


2 comments:

MrJeffery said...

dang eli roth is lookin' good.

Jason Adams said...

That is a true statement.