Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I Am Link

.
--- Kick Assier - Oh goodness me some pictures from the set of Kick-Ass 2 have dropped and they're displaying the main reason I won't be able to miss this movie even though I did not much like the first one - Aaron Johnson in his tight little costume is something you just don't skip, you know? Good grief. Where is this filming? I need a ticket to there, please.

--- Bad Boy Bardem - I was hoping that we'd get to see some more of Daniel Craig in his swimsuit in this new international trailer for Skyfall (of course I was). We do not. I am linking to it though because it's worth watching for the hysterical shot of Javier Bardem zipping up his prison jumpsuit alone. I am really ready to love his villainous performance in this. I only hope he's as homosexual as he seems.

--- Hawke Fright - Unless it's a sequel to Reality Bites or Gattaca I don't have a lot of interest in Ethan Hawke, I find him kind of insufferable. And yet I keep hearing good stuff about his upcoming found-footage horror flick Sinister, and if there's good word on a horror flick there's a good chance I will watch said horror flick, so I guess I should just steel myself for inevitable Hawke. The trailer just got posted online, you can watch it here. I'm not watching it cuz even though I need convincing I'm afraid it'll give away a good scare. You never know with these things.

--- A Better Bilbo - Speaking of trailers, the second trailer for the first Hobbit movie is out, watch it e're yonder. Again I have not watched it yet, but I probably will get around to this one, I don't think it can much spoil me since I'm pretty well aware of what it's got to show already. Little people, hairy feets, so on. (Isn't that a show on TLC?)

--- Dust Woman - Tori Amos' new album Gold Dust - an orchestral re-imagining of a bunch of her old songs - is out in just a couple of weeks, and our fellow Tori fanatic Matt at PopMatters is going to be hyping it up with a spotlight series of posts on the lovely lady, including an exclusive interview. Read all about it here.

--- Eggshell - If you're an American Psycho fan (and if you're not, you're a weirdo), then you should click on this link. Amazing.

--- Pick A Posey - And if you're a Parker Posey fan (and if you're not a Parker Posey fan you're more than a weirdo, you're a straight-up crazy person), then you owe it to yourself to click over to The Film Experience and watch this comic video of her teaching a class on how to accept an Emmy. Did y'all catch her on Louie? Fucking incredible stuff.

Photobucket

6 comments:

The Bloody Munchkin said...

Oh Parker, just when I thought I couldn't love you any more.

Anonymous said...

The Sinister trailer looks pretty good. I like how there was no dialogue. A real scary horror movie is much needed.

Jason Adams said...

You're so right, anon - we are seriously overdue.

Andrew K. said...

You don't like Ethan Hawke :( not even in Before the Devil Knows You're Dead?

Also, Parker is so much fun and Louie marks her fourth great guestage work on a TV show in the last 15 months, awesome on Parks and Rec, weird and loopy but still fun on The Big C, great opposite Alan Cumming and Amy Sedaris on The Good Wife and now Louie.

Jonathan said...

Loved the Parker vid! Saw the trailer for Sinister, this weekend, in front of The Possession. Sinister looked promising...Possession, on the other hand, was such a disappointment. It had like one good scare and the story was pretty weak. But yes, we are so overdue for a good horror movie.

Gary said...

Thank you so much for sharing this - she is brilliant!