Thursday, September 13, 2012

Go Ask Amy

.
My eyes are half-shut and I'm swollen with embarrassment (embarrassment and beer) and I'm also off-balance since I'm trying to kneel a bit so I didn't look like The StayPuft Marshmallow Man stepping on a teensy whimsical human girl way down there... but there it is, me and Amy effing Sedaris. The look on my face should be read as, "Where has all of the oxygen gone, things are turning black..." while the look on her should be read as, "I need to get home and feed my damned rabbit and this guy's armpit is fucking enormous." Whatever, it happened and I've got proof it happened, hooray! 


This is all thanks to my friend Tom who runs the "Meet the Lady" series over at 92YTribeca which I've told about before (it's where I got to hang out in a room with Beth Grant that one time!) - well last night they screened the hysterically stuck-in-time 1973 Don't Do Drugs (Cuz They're Awesome!) (But Then You Think You Murder Babies) (And Then You Die) TV movie called Go Ask Alice. After the screening there are a Q&A with the film's star Jamie Smith-Jackson, alongside musician Jill Sobule and the one the only Miss Sedaris. Amy was there to make it clear just how much Strangers With Candy stole from Go Ask Alice (which is lots and lots).

Amy was every bit the pip you'd expect, never missing a beat, putting the whole room into stitches basically from start to finish. I never press people for pics in these situations but I just had to with Amy - thanks to Tom for first off putting together the wonderful evening, and secondly and perhaps more importantly for grabbing Amy as she was trying to get the heck out of there and tricking her into my arms for one brief flash. One brief flash for Amy, one giant flash for me-kind!

ETA I forgot, I took some pictures during the show! From left to right that's Jamie Jackson, Amy Sedaris, Jill Sobule, and host Tom Blunt. Now more!



Sobule was awesome enough to sing us one of her drug songs,called "Cinnamon Park," and Amy and Jamie did back up! What a night.
.

1 comment:

I.K. said...

you look adorable ! nevermind miss Amy.