Thursday, September 06, 2012

Dan & Max Are Getting Horny

.
Pretty, pretty. I have heard very fine things about Joe Hill's book Horns, which is about a young man who wakes up with magical devil horns growing out of his head - have any of you read it? I seem to recall some of you telling me to read it back in the day when I was looking for something to read, actually. I did not take your advice, yet! I apologize. I will have ordered a copy before I even hit publish on this post...

... because now I've got a fire lit under my bum on it, since the movie version is moving forward. Alexandre Aja, the director of Haute Tension and the well-made The Hills Have Eyes remake and the well-made Piranha remake, is going to direct, and Harry Potter himself Danny Radcliffe will star opposite Max Minghella. Minghella is the son of the deceased director Anthony of English Patient fame; the book's author Joe Hill is the son of Stephen King. Nepotism ho! Anyway the book's supposedly terrific, these two fellows are lovely, and I tend to enjoy Aja's movies, so I'm sold.



2 comments:

Prospero said...

I did read "Horns," and while I liked it, I thought Hill's debut novel, "Heart Shaped Box" was better.

M said...

I wonder if it works on the same premise as the tv mini series Mr. Pye, with Derek Jacobi. In that one a man does so many good deeds that he grows wings like an angel, then he tries to revert that by doing bad deeds, but he just grows horns instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Pye