Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Am Link

.
--- Meme Ready - From my lips (or, you know, fingers) to the world... yesterday I pointed out what a photo-shop ready pose it was James McAvoy was striking on the hood of a taxi-cab mid-movie-stunt, and whaddya know BuzzFeed took the bait and went for it - I give you "James McAvoy Lying on Things." Awesomeness. I love the internet.

--- Unblessed - Somehow I fall into a vortex of unknowing every time that Final Girl Film Club's rolled around as of late - I totally meant to watch Deadly Blessing and partake, and I didn't. Sigh. But lots of people did, read Stacie's take and find everybody else's at this link. One of these days! Indeed, Stacie's looking for ideas for the next FGFC, which will be the 50th one, and she mentions Martyrs as a possibility! So everybody go nag at her to do Martyrs, is my point.

--- Bald Cop - I haven't watched this red-band trailer for Jake's Bald Cop Movie End of Watch but then I don't need to, I already saw End of Watch several months ago. (Here's my review.) So this trailer's for you little people not as cool as me, is what I am saying. I'm guessing it's "red-band" because of language or violence though, since Jake isn't even the slightest bit naked in the movie. (Boo.)

--- Speaking of trailers, here's the trailer for Mike Newell's Great Expectations, with an insane looking Helena Bonham Carter doily-ing it up as Miss Havisham.

--- Sciffy Freak - Since it's Terry Gilliam we all know not to get our hopes up, but hey Terry Gilliam says he's making a new movie! one starring Chrstopher Waltz, even. It's called Zero Theorem and it sounds massively wonky, with sci-fi stuff. I'd expect no less.

--- I's Married Now - The actress Maria Howell, who I immediately recognized as the lead in the choir who gets in the sing-fight with Shug Avery in The Color Purple, has joined the cast of The Hunger Games second film Catching Fire as Seeder. Otherwise known as another character I don't remember at all.

--- Piece Of - Ang Lee's adaptation of the book Life of Pi is what will open the New York Film Festival in several weeks time, and I will be there, maybe!
.

1 comment:

Will H said...

That Great Expecations trailer is ROUGH.