Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pic of the Day

.
Via EW comes our first look at Michelle Williams as Glinda the bubble-hoarding good witch in Sam Raimi's forthcoming Oz, The Great and Powerful. James Franco is the Wizard while Mila Kunis with her dark wicked hair is the green-skinned dog-hating one. 

Did I say Wicked? That wasn't accidental - Deadline reported earlier today that there is forward momentum on the movie adaptation of that Oz-themed musical detailing the history of bad blood between those two opposite sides of the color wheel witchy women. Apparently Disney wants Stephen Daldry, director of Billy Elliot and The Reader, to direct it. Poor Kristin Chenoweth, first she gets smacked in the head and now what should be her role will inevitably get cast with somebody younger. Get well, Cheno!

But back to the image up top - hell yes. This movie had pretty much stayed off my radar the entire time it was filming and we weren't hearing anything about it but now that it's struck me that Sam Raimi is making a movie with flying monkeys I am so all up in this it's gonna have to get a restraining order to pull me out. It's out in March.
.

2 comments:

RJ said...

Mika Kunis is the not yet evil witch. Rachel Weisz is the super bitch witch.

Jason Adams said...

I'm staying away from spoilers cuz I don't want to know any more than I do about whatever Raimi's take on the story is, which isn't much, but IMDb has Kunis listed as the Wicked Witch of the West (Theodora) and Weisz as the Witch of the East (Evanora) so that's what I was going off, RJ. I guess before she gets the house dropped on her Weisz' character could be the nasty one? Dunno! Dun wanna no!